Monday 22 February 2010

Bella Mama's weekend in the Big Smoke...

I've had such a busy weekend travelling down to London to meet with new suppliers and then a visit to the Baby Show too.

Special mention must go to Keira from Mamascarf - 7 weeks from giving birth and she was on her stand at the Baby Show doing a fantastic job of introducing the amazing Mamascarf breastfeeding scarf to nursing mamas - I am in awe!! I travelled up and down to London commissioning books in my old job when I was pregnant with both Finn and Orla, but I absolutely could not have stood on a stand for three days and looked as fresh, enthusiastic and energetic as Keira did!!!

I had a great time - chatted with lots of interesting people, discovered several amazing new designers to stock at Bella Mama, I finally got to meet some of my suppliers face-to-face and really enjoyed getting out of the office.

Of course the fact that I got a v. cheap upgrade to Virgin First class on the train, got to go shopping in London, stayed in a deluxe hotel room (with a double upgrade due to hubby's Gold VIP card - woohoo I knew all that time he spends away from home had to pay off eventually!) complete with delicious buffet breakfast (mmm cinnamon danish), luxury toiletries, room service, wine, a pile of glossy magazines and two nights lovely sleep obviously added to the great weekend!

Ooooh, time just for meeeeeeeeeeeeee! No washing, tidying, cleaning, ironing, being mummy, refereeing arguments, bedtime and bathtime routine, homework, answering emails, texting, cooking, worrying about feeding family or what was in the fridge or what was for tea..... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, bliss. I really need to do this more often!!! The funny thing is that hubby is so supportive of my business, he is actively encouraging me to get out the door and spend more time meeting with suppliers, and travelling to USA/Canada/Singapore etc to meet with people -(he's great!) but it's me that's the wuss about travelling solo. He also doesn't shirk looking after the kiddos, like many dads I hear about!!

Ho-hum, back to reality today though. But have returned in relaxed, ready for action stylee.

Hubby is away in Spain all week and I have returned to a mountain of orders, so today has seen me in a whirlwind of packing and shipping our fabulous breastfeeding tops out to our lovely customers.

More details of the new tops, dresses and lingerie from our fabulous new suppliers that we will be stocking at Bella Mama this summer to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails