Monday 26 July 2010

Relaxation for pregnant and breastfeeding mamas

Whether you are a mama-to-be or a new mama there are sure to be many demands on your time (work, your family and friends, laundry, cooking, cleaning, the list goes on...) So it's really important to take a little time for yourself every day and TRY to relax!

I just love baths, and find wallowing in the tub a great way to relax before bedtime. Throw in some scented candles and a good book, and I'm away! To indulge my love of bathing, I am always on the lookout for beautifully scented products, enticing me with their promises of relaxation, lifting my mood, enhancing sleep or unknotting my tired muscles... I trained as an aromatherapist years ago (but didn't pursue this new career, as I started Bella Mama instead!) so I look for products with top quality aromatherapy oils and having sensitive skin, I avoid anything packed with artificial foaming agents, chemicals and other skin-stripping nasties.

Yesterday in a local shop I discovered (and treated myself to!!) the most amazing range of gorgeously indulgent treats - heavenly bath bubbles, uplifting shower gels and divine candles - in the luxury line Abahna. Their philosophy is simple, and centres on the ritual of bathing. Their products are made with delicious sounding ingredients like wild flower honey, aloe vera, shea and cocoa butter, with fragrances from pure essential oils and they never use synthetic perfumes, artificial colourings, mineral oils, parabens and other nasties and are against animal testing. Love, Love, Love it!!





"A daily bathing ceremony is one of life's simplest luxuries. It is a chance to prepare yourself for the day ahead or reflect on the day just gone".  

Hubby was away last night, so after a busy day of BellaMama-ing, coping with the chaos of the building work we are having done and running around with the kiddos, I chose the Frankincense and Sweet Orange with its warm and comforting aroma, and it's promise to bring the emotions back into balance.

I lit the candle whilst the kiddos were on bedtime wind-down, and it really worked. They both loved the smell, and claimed they felt super relaxed too. haha, result! They both went to bed in super quick time, and left me to slip into my bubbly bath. It was just as divine, relaxing and calming as promised and I had a great night's sleep (for a change!). Oooh, it was the deep, restorative sleep that I usually get after a yoga class or relaxing massage, lovely! Will be checking out the rest of the range too...

Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails