Tuesday 2 November 2010

Enjoying Autumn and being busy!

Family life is moving at breakneck pace at the moment... half-term was super busy... no sooner are we back from our trip to Kent, D whizzed off on a training visit to Barcelona, the kiddos and I kept busy with Wacky Woods, Pumpkin Carving, shopping trips, lots of cupcake baking and then this weekend we were celebrating Aunty Ze's (shhhhhhhhhh!) 60th birthday with a family get-together!

We then spent a lovely few hours on Sunday out and about catching up with friends for an autumnal picnic (complete with my super seasonal ginger cupcakes with ginger fudge icing, yum!). Our local National Trust property, Tatton Park, had a pumpkin poetry trail and a brilliant display of pumpkins and squashes. Helping the kiddos hunting for pumpkins, Halloween inspired poems and strolling through the gardens was lovely. We enjoyed kicking through the piles of crispy fallen leaves, whilst my 8 y-o Finn delighted in covering me in leaf compost!

My friends' baby (my little god-son is now a proud big brother) arrived this weekend too. A beautiful baby girl, I am so happy for them and can't wait to meet her! Big squidges to them all.

Weekend was rounded off by making gingerbread cookies, trick or treating and a Sunday roast with my mum and dad.

So, all in all, a good weekend to round off a busy, busy week. I am hoping for a slightly calmer week this week! 

Kiddos back to school/pre-school/nursery yesterday, and I am catching up with the arrival of more stock from Annee Matthew and Momzelle, and all the pre-ordered items of breastfeeding clothing which you've all been super-patiently waiting for.

Whew!



Bella Mama website moved servers this weekend, and we are now on bigger, better, faster servers which should make shopping for breastfeeding and maternity clothing with us better than ever. Yippee!

Kirsten
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails