Monday 21 September 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy

Manic day today, hubby is away in sunny North Carolina (sadly for him work, not holiday) leaving me in charge of the house, the kids, Bella Mama and everything in between.

This morning I had to dash to drop the kiddos off at nursery and before school club, drive a 35 mile round trip to drop the car off in the garage to be fixed, then whip back for 9.30am to meet up with a new networking group (Happy Mondays - more below) I've started attending, then back to pick F up from school for a dental appointment at 11.20. Then back home for an afternoon packing orders, posting, sorting stock, answering emails, updating the site and taking delivery of more of Bella Mama's brand new breastfeeding tops!
 
Busy day! I made it to everything almost on time, and got pretty much everything done, but my head is spinning from all the rushing round. The new networking group, Happy Mondays is a networking group for Mumpreneurs (and those thinking about taking the plunge) in East Cheshire. Set up by two local Mumpreneurs, the group aims to create an environment where talented but often isolated Mumpreneurs and small business women can make new contacts, generate ideas, learn from each other, talk about concerns, make friends, support each other and promote their businesses. Fabulous, and the guest speaker today had some wonderful ideas for promoting our businesses... can't wait to try them out.
 
My secret Amazon order (don't tell hubby, I'm not meant to be ordering books!) arrived today. I ordered a book called Behind with the Laundry and Living off Chocolate. Whilst the laundry bit is definitely true, I'm not quite at that choc stage (mmmmm) yet, but I'm hoping it has some good strategies to help cope with the general madness of being a busy woman!!! Will let you know how I get on. I also bought How to be an "Amazing Mum" When You Just Don't Have the Time! with lotsa strategies for the busy mum. One of the odder ones is to freeze marmite sandwiches for kids packed lunches - er, not too sure about that - but there are still tons of other useful hints and tips for busy mamas to fit it all in, whilst still finding time for your children, your partner and yourself!! Gotta be good...
Our book club choice for Oct The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society arrived in the same order, but will have to wait until I have finished with the new Kathy Reichs... better get that log-burning stove lit and snuggle up under my blanket with my book, oooh dark autumn nights are made for reading! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails