Wednesday 2 September 2009

Autumn Raspberries

One of the loveliest things about running Bella Mama and working from home is spending time with the kiddos. We've had a fab summer filled full of days with friends and family, castles, the beach, gardens, sports clubs, science camps, play centres, parks and relaxing at home! Sadly, the onset of September has brought us back to our more regular routine again. F has gone back to school today, into Juniors which he is feeling a little apprehensive about. He's been promised his favourite meal this evening, fish and chips, which has slightly eased his first-day-back nerves. I am also making Smartie cookies for him as an after school treat...

So Miss O and I have been home alone today for the first time in a while. This time of year brings our annual crop of Raspberries. The dark cloud of the damp summer weather at least has one Silver Lining: we've had a huge Raspberry crop here this year! Miss O and I have been out this morning picking the scarlet jewels from our canes. She has eaten sooo many whilst picking them... I managed to get almost a kilo of raspberries this time so I'm planning on making Raspberry and Lemon muffins (hubby's special request!), Raspberry jam and Raspberry vinegar. If there are enough left over, I shall be making some Raspberry Gin!


The colour so reminded me of the new Bella Mama Obi top, I have named it in honour of our harvest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails