Wednesday 20 January 2010

Breast Foot Forward, raising money for Breastfeeding groups!!

I have decided I am in need of a New Year challenge in order to improve my fitness, generally tone up and get more active!

When I heard that MedEquip4Kids were launching a new Charity, Committed2Breastfeeding, I wanted to help raise funds for this fantastic cause. Bella Mama are totally committed to supporting Breastfeeding mothers, and their decision to breastfeed. MedEquip4Kids has signed up to a global campaign initiated by UNICEF. The Baby Friendly Initiative is working to improve breastfeeding rates worldwide, and this campaign is supported by the World Health Organisation and the UK government, along with many of the Primary Care Trusts in the North West region. Its objective is to ensure that women are able to make an informed choice as to whether or not to breastfeed.

MedEquip4Kids has launched its first Yorkshire Three Peaks challenge, Breast Foot Forward, and it will be taking place on Saturday, May 1st. The Yorkshire Three Peaks is one of the most famous fitness challenges in the country - walk 24 miles conquering Pen-y-ghent, Ingleborough and Whernside. So, along with my friend Hayley,  I will digging out my walking boots, strapping on my rucksack and tackling Breast Foot Forward in aid of the Committed2Breastfeeding project!!

This is easily the most challenging thing I have ever done, (I'm going to have to work hard to improve my fitness for the event!!)  and it would be fantastic if you could help me to raise funds for this great cause.
http://www.justgiving.com/Kirsten-BellaMama 
So please dig deep and donate now.
Thank you so much,
Kirsten
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails